The reason why Landlords choose to let their property with YATES
Here at YATES we understand that letting your property can be a worrying experience especially for the first time and with this in mind, we strive to provide all our clients new and old, with the best possible advice and service to get you the right tenant for your property.
We realise that property is one of the biggest and most important assets you can have. By instructing YATES to act as your Letting Agents, you can be safe in the knowledge that your asset will be in safe and professional hands.
Yates are members of the UK Association Of Letting Agents (ALA), The Property Ombudsman (TPO), the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).
These memberships provide both our landlords and tenants with an assurance that they will receive the highest levels of customer service.
Client Money Protection
UKALA membership includes Client Money Protection. Client Money Protection is an insurance cover that protects landlords and tenants against the theft of their money, whilst in the custody and control of an agent.
The limits of compensation that CM Protect provides to landlords and tenants of UKALA members are:
- A maximum of £500,000 any one incident of theft committed by a UKALA member
- A maximum of £25,000 to any one landlord or tenant
This cover is for theft of client’s money, which is the care, custody or control of the insured (a UKALA member) by a Principal, Partner, Director or Shareholder (acting on behalf of the member).
Extended Opening Hours
Many of our viewings are carried out on Saturdays and Sundays or outside normal “nine to five” opening hours of our competitors, this ensures we do not miss out on finding the right tenant for your property.
In addition, all of our viewings are accompanied by an experienced member of our team.
The majority of our tenants carry out their initial property search on the web. We have our own dedicated website and also advertise on “Rightmove” and “Zoopla”.
A key factor in the continued success of Yates has been our approach to marketing, we utilising our eye catching dynamic LED illuminated window displays and we also do regular mail drops in the local area.
High Calibre Staff
Yates have assembled a team of high calibre, experienced and motivated colleagues who thrive on the challenge of letting your property as quickly as possible to the right tenant.
We have over 80 year’s experience combined in the management team, thus an extensive knowledge of the town and its people.
Comprehensive Management Service
Our Property Management Service is more thorough than our competitors. Our Property Managers inspect your property after the first three months of every tenancy and regularly thereafter.
We have experienced and qualified contractors that we use and have a dedicated out of office emergency number for tenants to call to ensure that your property is maintained to the highest standards, further increasing the chances of your tenants longevity.
We have Two “off the shelf” services:
We pride ourselves in being the most established letting company in town and with that comes experience and local knowledge and this is why most landlords choose the property management package with us, but if landlords choose to manage their own portfolio we are more than happy to accommodate them in our tenant find only services.
Prominent Town Centre Office
Located in the busy thriving leisure quarter of the town centre, with off road parking opposite giving easy access for all.
Most of our business is received through recommendations.
Need we say any more!
Buy to Let Advice
At Yates we have over 25 year’s experience of the Buy to Let market in Corby and surrounding villages, and we are happy to share this experience and provide you with advice on potential property purchases.
Yates are one of only a handful of Letting Agents in the area who provide a floorplan of your property at no extra charge.
Our Property Management covers the day to day running of your property. Below are just some of the items we cover:
- Advertising by To Let Boards, our own dedicated Website, LED Window Displays and on Facebook.
- Accompanied Viewings
- Negotiating with prospective tenants and arranging references
- Professionally Preparing Inventories
- Preparing Tenancy Agreements
- Preparing prescribed information in respect of the tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Signing the tenancy on behalf of the landlord and collecting rent and deposit. Obtaining a signed schedule and inventory from the tenant. Setting up standing order for future rent payments
- Informing utilities that the property has been let
- Whilst the property is rented out we shall deal with any ongoing issues in respect of repairs, updating gas/electric certificates etc
- Carrying out routine visits to the tenants
- Collecting rents, these are paid via BACS and statements emailed to landlords
- Liaise with contractors and tenants to carry out routine maintenance and repairs
- We provide a comprehensive guide to tenants when they are vacating a property
- Carrying out a final inspection of the property
- Notifying utilities of an empty property and arranging final bills to be forwarded to tenants new address
Tenant Find Only
- Advertising by To Let Boards, our own dedicated Website, LED Window Displays and on Facebook
- Accompanied Viewings
- Credit check
- External referencing to prospective tenants
Then once the above is completed we hand over the prospective tenants details to the landlord to arrange signing of their own tenancy agreement and then follow their own procedure depending on which Tenancy scheme they belong to.
Contact our Lettings Team
We are here to help, contact us to discuss how we can assist with all aspects of letting your property.